Apple's (née NeXt
's) IDE for MacOsx
. A beautiful, simple IDE without many frills, it has features useful for an IDE:
- Built-in text editor (but emacs or vi or BbEdit can also be used).
- Uses GCC as its compiler: compiling and linking many modules is very easy.
- Support for ObjectiveCee, CeeLanguage, CeePlusPlus, ObjectiveCeePlusPlus, and possibly other languages as well.
- Plays nicely, but is not wholly integrated, with InterfaceBuilder. This is a GoodThing.
- Graphical interface to GDB for debugging.
- Customizable build process: throw in your own build phases, be they file-copying, shell scripts, anything...
- Ability to run command-line instructions from any text buffer. (This may be seen as a needless feature, but I'm not sure.)
- Excellent interface for editing target, build style, and executable settings.
is a CocoaFramework
application, written at NeXt
Superseded by ExCode
in OS X 10.3 (Panther)
View edit of June 27, 2006
or FindPage with title or text search