Is the goal created by Douglas C. Engelbart in 1957.
- VannevarBush's MemexVision from AsWeMayThink was an important influence.
- A lifetime Pursuit
- Douglas C. Engelbart in December 1985 (for his lecture on "The Augmented Knowledge Workshop" at the ACM Conference "The History of Personal Workstations") when he is describing the Genesis of his "Framework" quotes himself from 1957.
- "Augmenting Human Intellect", 1962
- The Augmented Knowledge Workshop
"...research and development is being directed toward augmenting a "Core" Knowledge Workshop domain. This application system development is aimed expressly at supporting basic functions of knowledge work. An important characteristic of such systems is to interface usefully with specialized systems."
See also BootStrap
. Also http://www.dougengelbart.org/about/bootstrapping-strategy.html
Umm, why is this failed fantasy program relevant and GreatLeapForward
value of the latter exceeds the values of this program that failed.
- It's not failed. Right now you're using several aspects of it that succeeded quite a while ago, that are directly attributable to Engelbart's program. Other aspects of it are still pending due to being beyond what is achievable with the state of the art, which is not the same as "failed". Failed would mean it didn't pan out, not that we're still trying.
- I recommend you research your history better before slamming pioneers that you ought to be grateful to.
- Also the cautionary tale nature of one of the greatest butchers in human history is on a rather different subject than is...well..most things on this wiki. Your note has nothing to do with this page, basically.
Should a Matrix-Like implant become available, one would hope the general public would have the option to opt in. Forced Borg implants a no-no, it should be obvious.
''One would hope, in fact, that compliance would be universal and enforced. Notions of democracy, freedom, and human rights are adequate starting points for individual and cultural growth, but it must be remembered that we are not
individuals, we are a Species. "Individual" and "culture" are archaic notions. Just as a swarm of bees is defined by the Hive, rather than individual bees, true growth of Humanity must deprecate individual rights in favour of betterment of the whole. Fear of Borg assimilation is a naive trait, one that will limit human achievement. Instead, we should embrace it, with ourselves as the Collective.
When the Augmentation comes, I will be first in line. Then I'm going to push the rest of you in, whether you like it or not.''
- "Come the revolution, Comrade, we will all eat strawberries."
- "But Comrade, I do not like strawberries!"
- "Come the revolution, we will all eat strawberries, AND LIKE IT!"
Related Concepts and pages: