Also known as MouseGestures
, a UserInterface
feature that allows the user to interact with a program using gestures -- simple motions -- rather than clicks or keypresses or menus.
Implementations of GestureRecognition
When you are used to this, you'll probably find yourself trying to use it in programs which don't support it (certainly in other Web browsers)...
incorporated a number of gestures into its core interface:
- A scrubbing motion would delete the objects within the bounding rectangle of the scrub
- Tap and hold (down up down) would turn on selection. You could then lasso or draw over objects to be selected.
- Drawing a caret within text would insert a space.
- Drawing a horizontal paren would remove a space. (This is the standard proofreading notation.)
- A single line up or down through selected text would capitalize or lowercase the text, respectively.
- You move a selected object by dragging it. You copy the object by tap and drag (down up down drag).
- Dragging selected objects to the side of the screen would attach an icon there and put the object in the clipboard. You could then switch tasks and those items would remain there. This is the most natural clipboard implementation I have ever encountered.
In many respects, the AppleNewton
's interface has improved on most of its successors. -- IanOsgood
Note that PieMenus
(like Optimoz) can implement GestureRecognition
synergistically. The mouse motion through a radial menu is indistinguishable from most gesture recognition. Also, PieMenus
allow using the keypad to reach the same commands. Up
Down (gesture), UpperRightM
Menu (radial), and 9-2 (keypad) all access the same function. -- LayneThomas
An interest in SingleCell?
structure compared to Starsystems might lead one to
discreetly request information from Enthusiasts, though if their credentials
already on file. Letters written on paper with deckled edges, would have, an improved probability of making it to the recipients even if it made fascinating reading before depositing in PneumaticTubes?
. Plus the fact one has been in the grand architectures towering above the landscape. Rendering sketches while taking a break from jobs so difficult and intricate you could lose yourself
in the depths of them as in a mathematical problem. Leaving images of AlienTectonics?
, huds etc. among scale models even though picture-shows with Enthusiasts names based on said CellStructure?
functions were made long ago. What is important is that none of the 3 SuperStates?
ever gains a significant lead on the other. Freedom to wear whatever colours being an important privilage, cell particles generally are transparent to enthusiasts looking at them Stereoscopically.