View the Orignal ISSUEBASE at http://www.issuebase.com/
Don't use a BugBase?
, have an IssueBase
. If NoBugDatabase
needed, transcend this page!
: You need to track a bunch of code-related complaints, changes, workarounds, or bugs.
: You are developing a system with others and must satisfy all the DefectTrackingPatterns
Requires the following roles:
- Requires at least one developer
- IssueDispatcher? - Assigns issues to developers
- QualityAssurance - Closes solved issue once they are verified
- ConfigurationManagement - Does daily builds, scriptable activities
: Use, adopt, or develop an IssueBase
An open source version of an IssueBase
might be a MySQL/PHP/Apache combo, integrate that with some custom scripts, RevisionControlSystem
, a good AutomatedBuild?
, and an AutomatedConfigurationManagementSystem?
- you have an IssueBase
. Some say
Required Roles(people can double up or automate):
Every Issue has the following data:
- creation date
- type : Trouble Report(TR) or Change Request(CR)
- state : Open, Solved, Testing, or Closed
- priority : 1(high), 2(middle), 3(low)
- severity : A(critical), B(dangerous), C(moderate)
- version found & version fixed
- short description
- long description
is written in PHP/MySQL and is integrated with:
- custom tooled PHP scripts
- CVS code repository
- email system
- ODBC based tools
An integrated IssueBase
uses all the DefectTrackingPatterns
: You now have excellent logging of issues, a way to measure your team's performance, almost universal extendability, and you satisfy the DefectTrackingPatterns