||This page has been created to assist PLoP conference chairs on what to do while chairing the conference.
- At the end of the conference, the incoming chair needs to get with the new Program Chair and the outgoing chairs and schedule the next conference.
- The incoming Conference Chair needs to make a feedback form to give to all conference attendees at the end of the conference.
- Create flyers for OOPSLA and create the beginning web-pages.
- Send out the call for papers found on the ConferenceAdvertising pages.
- Create a list for needed volunteers which should include:
- Maintaining the Web Pages
- Creating the Paper Proceedings
- Burning the CDROMs
- Registration software (web-pages)
- Registration onsite
- Entertainment and Coffee Shop
- Computer Support
- Books and Gifts
- Pizza :-)
- PLoP News
- Start assigning volunteers to the tasks above; the first task that should be immediately assigned are to the Registration software.
- Create schedule for submission and send out announcements to the ConferenceAdvertising pages.
- Get the Games Person and get props needed from them.
- Create budget from previous budgets. See outline. This requires you to contact Allerton for pricing etc. This might include the tent, props for the games, ...
- Get Registration software ready.