(http://c2.com/ppr/wiki/JavaIdioms/html.zip -- fast download of all these pages.)
Memory management and reference/value semantics:
Object creation and initialisation idioms
Enumeration and collection idioms:
How to use interfaces:
Documentation and commenting
Networking, Remote Objects & Remote Method Invokation
General workarounds, idioms, references and miscellanea:
AntiPatterns & AntiIdioms:
- FixmeComment -- on the usage of comments for marking code that needs attention
- Caveat: read the reviews on Amazon to check that the above two books are aimed at your level of experience. Also, you can find several of the patterns in these books, and the upcoming volume 3, on this page and elsewhere on the WikiWikiWeb.Volume 3 is out and claims to cover J2EE design patterns.
- This book has a chapter on architectural styles for concurrent programs.
- "Concurrent Programming in Java: Design Principles and Patterns, ISBN 0201695812
- The second edition of this book, which radically altered the chapter structure, is ISBN 0201310090
- Strictly more about good coding than idioms but very relevant
Please add any that you think of, and feel free to refactor the groupings.
EditText of this page (last edited December 2, 2005)
FindPage by browsing or searching
This page mirrored in JavaIdioms as of April 29, 2006